We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
2D Artist Supervisor, Ho Chi Minh City
Reference: Ho Chi Minh City, Art
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
- Be responsible for managing a team of artists and be the main link between the Artist team and the Studio Lead Artist.
- Overlook and provide quality graphics, art direction, and feedback for projects in development.
- Provide documented guidelines for projects in pre-production and production.
- Train, coach and Mentor other artists.
1. Artistic and Technical Responsibilities
- Participate in brainstorming, conception of ideas, and brief creation
- Define and then showcase the art direction of the game during the pre-production phase
- Control and establish graphical development guidelines, project workflow, creative processes and create necessary documentation
- Ensure high-quality standards are followed by the Team
- Execute graphical work for games in development: Produce high-quality 2D graphics and in-game assets.
- Maintain art consistency during all steps of development
- Give necessary guidance to all artists in your team; inspire, train, mentor and motivate other artists Give priority to newcomers.
- Work closely with the Producer and the Studio Lead Artist.
- Thorough and organized, work with goals and see a project through to its end within given deadlines
- Organize and manage the artists in your team, assign the right people to the right task. Coordinate and schedule tasks, deadlines and artist team workload
- Actively follow, monitor and approve graphical work done.
- Ensure successful the integration of graphical data in the engines
- Support to create workshops and seminars and to share knowledge and experiences.
- Maintain effective communication with producers, technical Leaders, artists and other departments within the team to manage expectations and results
- Develop training programs to level up team members
- Take active part in the recruitment and evaluation process of the team members
- Report team’s tasks status to your supervisors or producers when required.
- Present end of project report and team performance, post mortem.
- Expert at Photoshop
- Great to have knowledge on Spine, Animate CC or Flash, Maya or 3Ds Max,
- Good knowledge of UNITY will be a plus
- Academic background in traditional or digital arts, concept art or equivalent
- Proficient understanding of composition, color, shading, lighting, post-processing
- Proficient understanding of human anatomy, proportion, and perspective
- Proficient understanding of user interfaces and user experience
- Proficient knowledge in-game art, rendering, and assets optimization
- Proficient knowledge about game development and graphical production processes
- Proficient experience defining art direction, conceptualizing, sketching
- More than 5 Years of expertise in the field
- Proficient at English oral and written communication
- Proficient at Hand-Drawing, Digital Painting, Illustration
- Proficient artistic eyes and pay attention to detail. Be patient and able to concentrate for long periods, work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Having good sense of initiatives, be original and inventive. Great sense of creativity and art
- Proficient interpersonal skills: Work well as part of a team and be able to take direction from Art Lead and Producers
- Competent at coaching and training other artists.
- Proficient at taking initiative and solving problems in a positive way
- Commitment and sense of responsibility: Show strong commitment to the teams and to the company and be willing to work hard to complete the task on time
- Open-minded: Demonstrate flexibility of thinking and accept positives feedbacks from others for improvement
- Self-disciplined: Demonstrate strong motivation and passion at work
- Teamwork: Cooperate with team members and actively provide support
- Passion for playing video games across multiple platforms
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer:
- Teamwork with international talents
- Recognition and rewards
- Creative and modern workplace
- Continuous and professional training
- Work hard, play hard
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.