We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
Sound Technical Lead, Ho Chi Minh City
Reference: Ho Chi Minh City, Audio, Video
Department: Audio, Video
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,700 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft SAIGON Studio: Started from 2004 with the very first studio opened in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, Gameloft had the main mission of porting Java game creation to a few hundred different feature phones. Now we have successfully launched a new creation project: APPLAYDU, which is a hit worldwide among children and parents. We have been standing among the worldwide leaders in mobile gaming industry because we are built on core values that lead our company to innovate and anticipate for the best gaming experience, from mobile phones, smartphones and tablets to set top boxes, connected TVs and consoles.
We are passionate about everything we do – about our games, our company and our industry. We take chances on people, we favor taking a risk on promising aspirants who fit in our culture and project themselves with us over the long term.
We emphasize diversity in all facets of the company, from whom we recruit to how we build teams and studios. It is by combining the diverse talents and backgrounds of our multicultural group that we achieve greatness.
We boldly embrace change and have the means and the will to tackle any endeavor. We are proud of our ability to adapt quickly and evolve, always staying true to our entrepreneurial spirit.
We constantly push ourselves to act as leaders: to take initiative, challenge the status quo, and bring solutions to improve Gameloft every day. We do not shy away from adversity. This is what gives us a competitive edge.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Reporting to the VP of Gameloft For Brands Division and the Audio Manager, the Sound Technical Lead works closely with the different members of the audio team as well as the Gameloft for Brands production teams. The Sound Technical Lead is mainly responsible for (but not limited to) the overall audio of the Gameloft for Brands projects both from an artistic and technical point of view, whether it is music, sound effects and voice overs.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the recruitment of the audio team members
- Identifying and managing outsourced or freelance audio resources if necessary
- Coordinating the audio requests, the schedule and the members
- Creative and technical supervision of the work of the members
- Creating “best practices” documentation to improve and train the various members
- Designing and producing the audio aspects of the Gameloft for Brands projects
- Optimizing audio settings to fix performance or memory issues
- Evaluating the members and following up on their individual objectives
Expected Results :
- The successful candidate's mandate is to build an audio team and to ensure its functionality
- The successful candidate will be able to process all types of audio requests that are assigned to the team while also adhering to deadlines
- The successful candidate will either perform the creative and technical work, or assign it to his team members, or outsource it to qualified 3rd parties and manage them.
- The successful candidate will suggest new ideas with regard to work methods, research and development, etc.
- The successful candidate will deal positively with unexpected events and bring support to their members
Required Skills and Attributes :
- Technical knowledge of digital audio (formats, softwares, etc.)
- The ability to mix and process digital audio
- Strong sound design capabilities. Basic knowledge of music theory.
- Knowledge of audio standards and trends that relate to video games and advertising in all their forms
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, good communicator and fluent in English
- Proactive, pragmatic, with the ability to lead others
- A keen interest in game audio and video games
- Ability to liaise with external parties (for music and voice acting)
- Understanding of game and audio engines (Unity, Wwise, etc.) is an asset
- Basic understanding of audio licensing (music, sound effects and voices) is an asset
- Creative, imaginative and original;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Great communication, presentation and pitching skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to change;
- Demonstrating flexibility of thinking and accept positive feedbacks from others for improvement;
- Self-disciplined; demonstrating strong motivation and passion at work;
- Proposing training adaptation based on programs evolution;
- Ability to work well in a team and alone. Cooperate with team members and actively provide support;
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines;
- Strong commitment to the final game result and to the company. Willing to work hard to complete the task on-time;
- Meticulousness & quality oriented.
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer
- Exciting diversity with our talents from around the world
- Recognition and rewards based on your performance
- Creative, modern and open working place
- Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy various activities
- Health check-up annually
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.