We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
Sound Designer, Hanoi
Reference: Hanoi, Game Design
Department: Game Design
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers.
Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft’s South East Asia audio department is looking for a Sound Designer! Come join our team of highly qualified professionals, and take part in ambitious projects within a collaborative, respectful working environment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the audio manager and in collaboration with the relevant parties involved in the creation of our games, the sound designer’s responsibilities include:
- Generating a list of the Sound effects, VO and Music elements needed for games and dynamic-in-game advertising.
- Working collaboratively with the project team and contributing ideas/opinions to help establish a game's sound identity
- Creating/Designing high quality Sound effects, VO and Music elements to ensure the overall audio aesthetic matches the vision of the games
- Collaborating with other audio team members (designers, composers etc.) to create a cohesive audio experience for the end user.
- Ensure that audio is designed and delivered on time, on budget and at a very high quality level
- Communicating regularly with the various parties involved in the project, such as the game’s audio and production teams
- Troubleshoot and help fix any audio bugs that come up during the production of these games
- Expert-level knowledge of audio-creation and editing DAWs such as ProTools or Reaper
- Proficient in all steps of audio design right from field and foley recording to editing, processing, and mastering
- Ability to create and edit high-quality original sounds using sound libraries, synthesis, and field recordings all while keeping a focus on the big picture.
- Good knowledge of major sound-effect libraries (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, Boom Library, etc.)
- Knowledge of the technical audio constraints posed by interactive platforms like Mobile, HTML, PC, and Console and knowledge of their audio compression formats, storage, memory management, etc.
- Excellent Music editing skills and Music composition is a plus
- Experience and knowledge with online music libraries is an asset.
- Knowledge and mastery of audio middleware like Wwise or FMOD
- Familiarity with engine-based audio integration processes, such as in Unreal or Unity, is an asset
- You have a diploma in sound design
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience as a sound designer at a video game company, and have published at least one major title
- You work well in a fast paced environment and are able to fulfill sound requests the same day
- You are a good technical thinker, self-motivated with a solution-oriented attitude
- You can work well alone and know how to prioritize work based on constraints and are able to juggle several projects at a time
- You have a good understanding of current industry audio-quality standards
- You like to work as part of a team, you’re creative and very thorough, and have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You are receptive to constructive criticism and are comfortable in a collaborative work environment
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer:
- Exciting diversity with our talents from around the world
- Recognition and rewards based on your performance
- Creative, modern, and open working place
- Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy various activities
- Health check-ups annually
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
- Do- Want to know more? Please visit our Website: http://gameloft-sea.com/
Only applications that include a portfolio (website or files) will be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted for a selection test.
As you are interested in career opportunities at Gameloft, please take the below survey to help us better understand how candidates define our employer value proposition.
The survey may take you less than 5 minutes to complete, and is totally anonymous.
Thank you for your cooperation!