We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
Studio Game Designer Lead, Ho Chi Minh City
Reference: Ho Chi Minh City, Game Design
Department: Game Design
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Oversee, organize and develop the human resource of relevant competencies for Game Design department to handle all the game designing work required by projects at Gameloft Saigon Studio and deliver at best quality and project success!
- Define the Game Designer resource need with required competencies, allocate them efficiently and optimally to different projects to execute the game designing work at top game design quality;
- Take ultimate lead & responsibility for recruitment of Game Design department including the creating the hiring process, qualifying, selecting and retaining the Game Designer talent;
- Oversee (and participate in if needed) the game design work and progress of different projects in the studio to assure the game design aspects are crafted at best quality to enable the projects to effectively achieve the final goal;
- Represent the Game Design department as the contact point for Studio Manager, HR, Production Managers and/or the other Department Heads, Division Managers for Game Designer resource allocation, cross-function collaboration and all the topics concerning Game Design department;
- Take initiative, contribute and participate in the studio strategic development.
- Organize the Game Designers in the department and integrate into different project team for the best production efficiency;
- Establish effective game design working processes needed in different type of projects;
- Assure the objective setting and performance evaluation are properly done and in line with the studio’s strategy;
- Assure the processes and game design related documents are well made and organized for reference and fast tracking;
- Collaborate with HR department and Studio Manager to develop and constantly improve the retention and development of Game Design talent.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Define, acquire and develop different expertise for the game designers in the department to be able to handle the game design related work not only in current but also future projects;
- Develop annual training & development program and implement it effectively to continuously improve the skills of Game Designers in the department;
- Take initiative to improve the Game Design related work as well as studio overall topic.
- Strong passion and extensive experience (at least 4-5 years) in video game, innovation and particular designing video game;
- Strong expertise and knowledge in all aspect game design (game user behavior & motivation, game meta, mechanic, level design, monetization models, game progression, game economy design… );
- Extensive gaming culture, on all types of platforms (mobile, consoles, iPhone, handheld…) genres and for all types of audiences;
- Knowledge and skill to work with Unity and/or different game engines, tools used in different game projects at the studio;
- Capacity to learn and R&D for new topics related to different aspects of game design;
- Ability to convey ideas and to provide clear formalization of complex concepts;
- Ability to analyze the data (such as user behavior, retention…) to have effective adaptation & strategy to be applied in the game for expected outcome;
- Strong leadership: to lead, organize, develop and motivate the entire Game Design department;
- Being able to team work with different studio stake holders, project stake holders efficiently;
- Strong (both verbal & written) communication skill in Vietnamese and English to communicate with team members, stake holders in and outside of Gameloft Saigon studio;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strong documentation skill;
- Set an example for all team members by regularly demonstrating strong work ethics, quality of work, teamwork and perform a solid leadership.
- (1) 30-minute Call. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiters,
- (2) Test,
- (3) Interview,
- (4) Offer.
Work Location and Hour:
- Work location: 26 Ung Van Khiem, Binh Thanh, HCMC (hybrid).
- Work hour: 08:30 A.M. - 06:00 P.M, Monday to Friday.
What We Offer
- An attractive monthly salary alongside Tet and other performance bonuses.
- 100% coverage of mandatory insurances (SI, HI, UI), as well as an extra healthcare insurance.
- Various training packages, including annual training (1), sponsorship training (2) and e-learning (3).
- 12 days of paid annual leave, 5 days of paid sick leave, 12 days of paid holiday leave (including 1 day for Christmas).
- Hybrid working model.
- A monthly allowance to cover electricity and Internet bills.
- A range of policies of support employees physically, mentally and emotionally while working from home.
- A dynamic workplace environment, with over 18 nationalities, where hundreds of world-renowned game titles were born.
- Opportunities to train with experts and develop yourselves.
- An open-space office, a cafeteria, a terrace and a Gaming Area.
- Other benefits from one of the best employers in Vietnam.
How to apply:
- Kindly send your English CV and cover letter (optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, titled: GD_LEAD_Your Full Name or apply here via SmartRecruiters.