We offer you
- Career in a world leading game developer
- Promotion based on excellence
- Performance based reward
- Recognition and reward program
- Birthday celebration
- Annual staff trip
- Annual health check
- Various in-door events
- Games and sport clubs
- Tons of team building activities
- Modern working facilities
- Game room: PS3, Xbox, Wii
- And so much more…
Senior Game Designer, Ho Chi Minh City
Reference: Ho Chi Minh City, DESIGN
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
- Performing game designing tasks as assigned by Senior/Lead Game Designer; or producers; constantly trying to improve the quality of game design work.
- Reviewing or evaluating competitive products, film, music, television, and other art forms to generate new Game Design ideas.
- Keeping abreast of game design technology and techniques, industry trends, or audience interests, reactions, and needs by participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay experiences in order to ensure the critical and commercial success of the products
- Overseeing gameplay testing to ensure intended gaming experience and game adherence to original vision.
- Developing and maintaining design documentation with a high quality, including mechanics, story, menu flow, layout design, functional description and guidelines.
- Determining supplementary “virtual features”, such as currency, shop items, menu design, and audio direction.
- Defining Meta, Monetization and Retention strategies of the games.
- Creating gameplay test plans for internal test groups.
- Providing feedbacks to production staff regarding technical game qualities or adherence to original design.
- Creating Gameplay Prototypes and a database of Gameplay concepts that could be used in the future.
- Conducting regular design reviews throughout the game development process.
- Providing Game Design feedbacks to programmers and artists to ensure the final quality of the game: art quality, gameplay polish, and ergonomics.
- Checking, assigning and possibly fixing the bugs related to Game Design or feedbacks from others stakeholders.
- Creating and managing documentation, production schedules, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with production staff.
Support to coach, mentor, train, organize to build a solid GD team
- Making sure all documents, gameplay features sent to HQ and external stakeholders are well
- structured and highly qualified to minimize feedbacks and gain trust.
- Making sure all prototypes/projects in the division will fully follow up with the core pillars
- Supporting Lead/Senior Game Designer to create training materials to improve the team members’ skills when getting request.
- Proactive in sharing experience especially after a project done.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a Game Designer role.
- Good understanding of the market and target audience of Mobile Video Games.
- Communicative English.
- Strong passion and solid video games background – knowledge about new market trends but also about retro gaming.
- Solid knowledge about Game Design including game mechanics, level design, and UI/UX.
- Good knowledge about Business models, monetization psychology and monetization strategy.
- Solid knowledge about Game Retention strategy.
- Creative thinking skills to make new Gameplay and solve a diversity of game design issues every day, including but not limited to gameplay, level, interface…
- Understand of balancing complex game systems.
- Basic programming knowledge to understand easily the scripts.
- Experience with game reward systems.
- Creative, imaginative and original.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Good storytelling ability.
- Great communication, presentation and pitching skills.
- Good understanding the capabilities and benefits of different Mobile Devices hardware and platforms, as well as the relevant software technologies and techniques.
- Basic drawing and 3D design skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Demonstrating flexibility of thinking and accept positive feedbacks from others for improvement.
- Self-disciplined; demonstrating strong motivation and passion at work.
- Proposing training adaptation based on programs evolution.
- Ability to work well in a team and alone. Cooperate with team members and actively provide support.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
- Strong commitment to the final game result and to the company. Willing to work hard to complete the task on-time.
- Meticulousness & quality oriented.
- (1) 20-minute Call. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiters,
- (2) Test (duration is TBD, depending on your profile),
- (3) 1-hour Interview,
- (4) Offer.
Work Location and Hour:
- Work location: 26 Ung Van Khiem, Binh Thanh, HCMC, or Work From Home (WFH).
- Work hour: 08:30 A.M. - 06:00 P.M, Monday to Friday.
What We Offer:
- An attractive salary, with Tet Holiday bonus ("13th-month salary"), and other performance bonuses paid every 2 quarters, or on the spot.
- Full coverage of SI, HI, UI, and extra insurance (PTI).
- A hybrid working model.
- A range of policies to support employees physically, mentally and emotionally while working from home.
- A dynamic workplace environment, with over 18 nationalities, where hundreds of world-renowned game titles (Asphalt, Minion Rush, Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter etc.) were born.
- An open-space office, a cafeteria, a terrace and a Gaming Area.
- Other benefits from "One of the best companies to work for in Asia 2021" (#HRAA2021).
How to apply:
- Kindly send your English CV and cover letter (optional) to: email@example.com, titled: GD_Your Full Name or apply here via SmartRecruiters.
- Due to the high number of applicants, we regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.